Every Sexual Assault situation is different and various scenarios will determine the type of evidence that can be collected from a patient in search of the perpetrator’s DNA.
The D7 Kit deals with collection samples from the genital areas of a sexual assault patient under the age of 12 years. The purpose of taking swabs is to collect samples of any body fluids that may have been deposited on the outside of the patient’s body or on any interior orifice which may assist to connect the perpetrator with the alleged assault through DNA analysis of the samples.
This D7 Kit is contains everything required for collecting contamination-free DNA evidence from the genital area of one patient. It also contains the necessary “Chain-of-Custody” tracking information as well as “Tamper Evident Seals” and Packaging for delivery to the SAPS Forensic Laboratory.
As this kit only focuses on the genital area of your patient, evidence found on clothing, hair, fingernails or body should be collected with other Evidence Collection Kits used for Sexual Assaults.
Other kits that can be used along with D1 Kit are:
- D2 DNA Evidence From Body Collection Kit – Body Fluid, such as blood, semen, saliva that have been left on the body by the perpetrator.
- D3 Reference Hair Samples – For the collection of both scalp hair and pubic hair
- D5 Clothing Collection Kit – For the collection of patient’s clothing so that the SAPS Forensic Lab can analyze them for additional evidence.
This D7 Paediatric Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit is supplied to Medical facilities courtesy of the SAPS Forensic Unit on a Patient-by-Patient basis as a way of building forensic evidence in the criminal case your patient has reported.
- Client SAPS Forensics
- Collector Medical Doctors
- Availability Old kits still in use